In order to maintain the regularity of lessons for our students while prioritizing their health and safety, we are offering online lessons (via Skype, Zoom, or FaceTime) for students and families who do not wish to have in-person lessons. Tuition rates remain the same for online and in-person lessons.
We have successfully offered online lessons for many years for students due to inclement weather, transportation issues, etc.
- These lessons can occur at alternative times from your regularly scheduled lesson time at a mutually agreeable time with your instructor.
- These lessons can be shorter in duration which we highly encourage for our younger students.
- Students can opt to have additional enrichment lessons to focus on topics such as song writing, advanced theory, music history or another topic.
- Use this opportunity to work with another teacher from out team.
- We encourage you to connect with your instructor about online apps, music games, links to videos, and or worksheets as curriculum supplements.
- Our teachers have been working on a communal Google Doc to share in real time their online lesson best practices, tips, photos and success stories for students as young as 4.
Piano Guild auditions will be held as scheduled with modifications. More updates to come closer to the events. The following event will be held with modifications:
- Scholarship Competition Live Round 2
- Senior and Honors Recital
The following events will be rescheduled with dates TBD:
- Annual Musical Instrument Petting Zoo
- Anklung Ensemble Class
The following events will be held or canceled by the discretion of the venues:
- April 3, May 1 and June 5 Serendipity Open Mic Night
- May 31 Assisted Living Recital
Sanitizing Musical Instruments
Did you know that the best way to sanitize piano keys is with over-the-counter hydrogen peroxide and cotton balls/pads?
Here are some additional resources for cleaning and disinfecting your instrument:
Visit our blog for more information on musical instrument hygiene.
This time is an excellent chance to focus on practicing. While everyone is off, don't forget to log every day that you practice to become a member of our 100 Consecutive Days of Practice Club!
We will continue to keep you updated through email communications and social media. Please check back for more information in the upcoming days.
If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please contact Renee at email@example.com or 978-443-0480.