- Students are asked to stay until the conclusion of all events (informal and formal) to support the other performers
- Students are asked to arrive early as we try extremely hard to start on time. We understand that our families are very busy and have other activities to attend after our events.
- Students should have tape flags or sticky notes on each page that will be performed. Avoid paper clips that can damage an instrument or folding the corners of the music.
- For all events except the Winter Holiday Recitals students should introduce themselves and the titles of the pieces that will be performed.
- Students should practice bowing after his or her performance. bowing after each piece is not necessary.
- NWE does not provide an accompanist for every student at every event. If a student wishes to have an accompanist at a Winter Holiday Recital or the Honors Recital, arrangements need to be made 4-6 weeks in advance of the event.
- If a voice student is performing with a recorded track, a track without vocals is preferred.
- Students are expected to bring all necessary gear including speaker, amplifier, cables, extension cords. A piano and music stand will be provided at all events.
- Amro Music has a helpful blog about a first recital experience: https://www.amromusic.com/amro-blog/posts/first-piano-recital
MTNA E-Festival Opportunity
Music Teachers National Association holds an e-festival that occurs all year round. This is an excellent opportunity for students of ANY instrument! For $25 each student can receive feedback. This could be an excellent opportunity for students preparing for junior or senior districts, Guild, ABRSM, etc. Students will receive feedback in 7-10 days after submission.
More info >>
More info >>